Pages

Saturday 1 March 2014

Guest DT Card

Start of yet another month this year seems to be going faster than any other.

My card this month for http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ as Guest DT is this one
 
The challenge is "add ribbon/twine fibre etc". Do go along and take part.

My Angel is one of my Embroidered Embellishments from http://craftybrensembroideredtoppers.weebly.com/  and to keep in the theme I added the ribbon through the slots of the head and skirt. Although strictly speaking the cotton used on the embellishment is a sort of twine. Well I can try to get away with that one.
The background, well this is where I was a bit stumped, I was not at my usual computer so had no background images etc with me, all I had was a graphics program and some pictures of my lace embellishments, so taking bits of those and swirling them around a bit this is the result.

The red part looks nothing like a lace heart now, the green looks nothing like a white bell and the snowflakes were the centre of a lace flower. Don't you just love a graphics program.

Oh well at least it's a one off.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sponsoring my CHNC challenge 166 and for being my guest with this gorgeous card - and the background looks great to me as well as that beautiful embroidered embellishment with the ribbon threaded through (a super idea) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, and congrats on the GDT too! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete